Monday, September 4, 2017

China Glaze; My Little Pony Collection

Good evening my pretties!  My day was super meh, I hope your extra day off was better.  I tried to plan a nice family fun day and it was poopy weather, actually rained on us, then was super hot.  Everyone was cranky and arguing.  When we were on our way home a motorcyclist split the lanes, HIT my side view mirror and shattered it.  He didn't stop, just threw up his arm like "sorry bro!".  UGH.  So now I'm not doing anything mom-ly while I pout and decided I was going to sign up for races and work on my blog.  So you win!  Tonight I have the China Glaze My Little Pony Collection. Such a cute theme and lots of great colors in this collection.  If you're a fan of either China Glaze, MLP or both then you might want to check these out!  I found them at my local beauty supply store, but I think they are also at Sally's and Ulta.  

*nothing to disclose*



Ok, this is a huge collection so I only have 2 pics of each polish.  Most are cremes so no need for more than that anyways!

First up is Kill 'Em With Kindness, a pastel yellow creme inspired by Fluttershy.  Pretty color, but I've never been one to say no to a yellow!  If you like yellow you will like this one.  The formula was a little thin, but it evened up nicely in 3 coats.  No topcoat.  



Sweet as Pinkie Pie, inspired by Pinkie Pie of course!  It's a pastel pink creme and it's as sweet as she it!  I did find this one to have a tricky formula.  Ot was thin, streaky and uneven.  I have on 3 coats here and while I saw problem areas with my own eyes, they don't show up as noticeable in the pictures.  No topcoat.  



Cutie Mark the Spot is an adorable pastel mint creme.  I love this one even though the formula was thin.  Mint was totally my jam over the summer and I think I'm going to continue loving it in the Fall.  3 coats and no topcoat.  



One Polished Pony is a milky pastel blue with a soft shimmer.  Pretty and whimsical, perfect shade and finish...exactly how I'd imagine the sky in Equestria (the city MLPs live in).  Sadly this one was streaky too, I did my best to even it out.  I used 3 coats and no topcoat.    




Applejack of My Eye, inspired by Applejack, is an apple red celly.  I enjoyed the color and finish immensely!  Both formula and application were fabulous!  2 coats for opaque coverage and no topcoat.  



Too Busy Being Awesome is a neon-ish blue creme.  I'm not quite sure which pony inspired this one but I'm guessing it's Rainbow Dash.  Super pretty color!  Applied easily and full coverage in 2 coats.  The only thing I'd mention about this one is that it stained my nails and skin.  Boo.  



Well hello there beautiful!  This is Where's the Party Cannon At? and it's a fun magenta jelly with holo glitters.  Totally a sparkle party on your nails!  Nice formula and application.  3 coats for full coverage, finished up with topcoat.  




It worked so well once, why not do it again??  Here's I Just Canterlot, which I know is the castle home of Princess Celestia.  Dude seriously, I promise I don't sit around watching MLP, my daughter is 5 and she's obsessed.  Anywho, this is a sheer grape-y jelly filled with holo glitters.  I totally love the bling!  But this one was problematic, it was a bit of a finicky formula as in the glitters/base wanted to lump together a bit.  I managed as I always do with 3 coats and topcoat.  




I Sea Ponies is a silver chrome-like holo finish.  I love when China Glaze puts out holos, they always make nice ones and this one didn't disappoint.  It has that soft holo finish that I enjoy.  I did think the formula went on a bit streaky.  It reminded me of the Layla formula, but thicker/more opaque.  I used 3 coats and no topcoat.  




She's a Mane-iac is one of my favorites.  Hot pink with shimmer and a matte finish!  What else could a girl want in life??!!  Formula was a little sheer and a touch patchy, but not difficult to apply.  I used 3 coats and no topcoat.  You could use topcoat if you prefer a glossy finish.  Or a matte topcoat for an even more matte finish!  




Hay Girl Hay! is an iridescent glitter topper.  Love the name, it's so cute!  I also like how shiny and sparkly this topper is.  It'll look great over any of the polish in this collection but I picked Kill 'Em With Kindness as the base.  I only needed 1 coat to get desired coverage.  Topcoat to finish.  




Let Your Twilight Sparkle is inspired by Twilight Sparkle, the little princess who's leaning the ropes! It's a blue to purple shifty topper that adds a nice touch of shimmer to any base color.  I picked Cutie Marks the Spot as the base and love the mermaid-y look.  I used 2 coats and topcoat to finish.  




There's also this cute pack called the Songbird Serenade Duo.  It's a limited edition set that comes with super cute best friends forever rings.  



Best Ponies Forever is a soft gold polish with a semi-matte finish.  I think this color is really pretty but the finish made it al little brush strokey.  I used 2 coats for full coverage an no topcoat.  




Songbird Serenade is a black polish full of rainbow sparkles.  Yup, that's pretty MLP if you ask me!  Great formula and application, I needed 2 coats for full coverage.  Finished up with topcoat.  



Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment