Saturday, May 21, 2016

Vapid Lacquer; Hella Holo Customs & Birthday Bitch

Good morning doll faces.  You know the routine.  I'm sitting at soccer (could be interchangeable with little league) and I'm using my time to get ish done!  I've been sitting on these swatches for a little while now, just haven't had the time to share them.  Let me prep you by saying that 3 out of 4 of these beauties from Vapid Lacquer were only available in the Hella Holo Customs group (you can join the group HERE).  They had a comeback in April, but they are gone again.  You can join that group and the HHC sales group in an attempt to find them if you so desire.  I'm not sure if the 4th one only comes out around Krys's birthday or the Vapid birthday, but it's not in the shop now.  All I can say is keep an eye out for it because it's amazing.  Other than that, there are loads of gorgeous polishes in the Vapid shop as well as body care products.  I have only had the chance to try Nail Sauce, also in Birthday Bitch, and I love it.  Reminds me of Orange-glaze Cinnamon Rolls.  Even if you adore these I implore you to give some of the other shades and products a try, I'm personally quite impressed with the quality and loveliness of the items I have.  I will definitely be getting more in the near future!  So with all that said, let's jump in to the post.

*some items in this post were won in a giveaway*
*nothing to disclose*   

Vapid Lacquer: Shop, Facebook, Instagram
Hella Holo Customs: Instagram 

Vapid Lacquer


This is Sapphire Moon.  It's a bright blue holo with what looks like tiny gold micro flakes.  The color is so pretty!  I love that it's just vibrant enough, but doesn't venture into neon territory.  Formula and application were both lovely.  I used 2 coats for full coverage and finished with topcoat.  This was a custom shade for the Hella Holo Customs group.  

Vapid Lacquer; Sapphire Moon

Vapid Lacquer; Sapphire Moon

Vapid Lacquer; Sapphire Moon

Vapid Lacquer; Sapphire Moon

Something Wicked is a dark purple with purple sparks.  Broody and moody, just y kind of color.  Also I really just want to wear this all October long...how perfect is it for Halloween and Fall!?  Another amazing formula, applied perfectly.  I used 2 coats and topcoat.  this is another Hella Holo Customs group shade.    

Vapid Lacquer; Something Wicked

Vapid Lacquer; Something Wicked

Vapid Lacquer; Something Wicked

Vapid Lacquer; Something Wicked

Vapid Lacquer; Something Wicked

The final shade from the Hella Holo Customs group is the infamous Spellcaster.  This is the one everyone went bananas over, and for good reason.  It's brown, red, copper, fuchsia.  Yes it's all of those in a blend of color shifting goodness.  There's a touch of holo and shifting flakes.  Formula and application were both perfection.  I used 2 coats and topcoat to finish.    

Vapid Lacquer; Spellcaster

Vapid Lacquer; Spellcaster

Vapid Lacquer; Spellcaster

Vapid Lacquer; Spellcaster

Here's a random assortment of Spellcaster in different indoor lighting to show some of the color variations of this polish.  

Vapid Lacquer; Spellcaster

Vapid Lacquer; Spellcaster

Vapid Lacquer; Spellcaster

Vapid Lacquer; Spellcaster

And finally we have Birthday Bitch.  Best name ever.  This one is featured in the new square bottle.  I also think the brush was changed because I found it a bit too soft.  But that doesn't take away from the beauty of  polish.  It's a soft teal, maybe slightly aqua, crelly full of color shifting ultra chrome flakes.  I was completely smitten with this polish, I ended up wearing it for an entire week!  So I can also tell you the wear time was fantastic!  Barely any tip wear and zero chipping.  I used 2 coats for full coverage and topcoat to finish.  

Vapid Lacquer; Birthday Bitch

Vapid Lacquer; Birthday Bitch

Vapid Lacquer; Birthday Bitch

Vapid Lacquer; Birthday Bitch

Here's a pic of Birthday Bitch in natural lighting.  This shows the polish closer to it's true color.  

Vapid Lacquer; Birthday Bitch

Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment