Thursday, February 25, 2016

OPI Venice Collection, Fall 2015; O Suzi Mio, It's A Piazza Cake & I Cannoli Wear OPI

Good morning (or afternoon) friends!  Just a quick post to share with you today as I've got errands up the wahzoo and will be working on another post to share tonight!  So back in the Fall I won some OPI's and I haven't had a change to share them until now.  These are from the Venice collection, which is awesome because I love Italy and Venice - such a beautiful city!  I would love to visit again, preferable in the Spring or Fall as Summer was pretty darn hot (and full of pesky mosquitos).  But back to the topic...I've got 3 of the beautiful colors from the OPI Venice collection to share with you so let's jump in and check them out.  These should be available at all of your local beauty supply stores by now, and probably even on sale since they are an oder collection now!

*products in this post were won*

O Suzi Mio is an eggplant purple creme.  That's pretty much it!  It's dark (but not too dark), slightly vampy, all kinds of beautiful.  I also like that the name makes me think of the gondoliers all over Venice (and the Venetian in As Vegas).  The formula and application were both great, I used 2 coats for full coverage and finished it up with a layer of topcoat.

OPI Venice Collection, O Suzi Mio

OPI Venice Collection, O Suzi Mio

It's A Piazza Cake is a slighty-burnt orange creme.  Reminiscent of the ever so popular 70s shag carpet.  But I love it. I actually have no idea what cake OPI is referring to here as I am more familiar with the Sicily area of Italy.  Though they could be referring to San Marco Square but I don't remember anything there being this color of orange.  For some reason It's A Piazza Cake really washed me out though and made me look super pale!  But the formula and application were both wonderful.  2 coats for full opacity and topcoat.  

OPI Venice Collection, It's A Piazza Cake

OPI Venice Collection, It's A Piazza Cake

And the last of my prize pack is I Cannoli Wear OPI.  Ok can I just say that I adore the name?!  I personally am not the biggest fan of cannoli, I think the filling is a bit much.  I actually prefer the smaller, but size ones that I had in Sicily, perfect creamy filling to cookie ratio.  This is a white-grey creme that clearly draws inspiration from the mascarpone/ricotta filling in a cannoli.  Maybe even the powdered sugar sprinkled on top.  Unfortunately the formula was as great as the others, it was a but streaky and I needed 3 coats to even it out.  You can still see the unevenness of it in my pictures.  I finished with topcoat.  

OPI Venice Collection, I Cannoli Wear OPI

OPI Venice Collection, I Cannoli Wear OPI

Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment