Tuesday, August 11, 2015

CosmoProf North America; OPI, Essie & Orly Coverage

Hullo again!  I'm happy to be back with more coverage of the super fun, extremely overwhelming, foot wearing-out event that is CosmoProf.  Yesterday I showed you Jessica Cosmetics and Color Club (you can see that post HERE).  Well today I am sharing all the exciting new stuff coming out from OPI, Essie and Orly.  So I won't waste time being a chatty Kathy, let's jump right in to the post!

Last year OPI was very hush hush.  They had a closed booth that was all covered up.  You had to be invited for an appointment of even get in the door (yes they had an actual door that you knocked on to get in) and daring I didn't have the secret password.  But this year they opened up for everyone to see!  I was beyond excited to walk about their large space and checking out all the pretty new polish coming out.  Sadly there was no tour guide to answer questions and Michelle and I couldn't get an appointment so I don't have much info on any of this stuff.  Aside from what I have pictures of I saw a fantastic new collection coming out that I am very excited for!  That was embargoed and I wasn't allowed to take pictures of it though.  

The Venice Collection is the Fall/Winter collection and it's already been shared on some bloggers pages.  I believe it's already in beauty supply stores too!  These are really lovely cremes and a couple metallic-shimmers.  

CosmoProf 2015: OPI

CosmoProf 2015: OPI

CosmoProf 2015: OPI

OPI also has the upcoming Starlight collection, which is their holiday collection.  I will admit that it's refreshing to see a non-music lady collection for the holidays.  And this collection looks really exciting!  I love the colors and the finishes.  There are some shimmers, glitters, what looks like textures.  And I always love silver during the holidays!  Also, is that blue (Give Me Space) a scattered holo?!  

CosmoProf 2015: OPI

CosmoProf 2015: OPI

CosmoProf 2015: OPI

CosmoProf 2015: OPI

CosmoProf 2015: OPI

There will be plenty of gift sets available from the Starlight line up.  OPI always does a great job putting together gift packs and sets.  Yes, that stunning necklace is one of them too!  

CosmoProf 2015: OPI

CosmoProf 2015: OPI

OPI will also be releasing some new Infinite Shine collections and here's one of them!  I love these colors, they are very Spring-y.  I haven't tried the Infinite Shine polish yet but they look really amazing.  

CosmoProf 2015: OPI

CosmoProf 2015: OPI

Moving on, We stopped at the Essie booth!  Most of what we saw here was hush-hush and no pictures were allowed.  But I hadn't yet heard of the Silk Watercolor collection!  So I got to see a little about that and how it works.  My understanding, during the tour, is that the Silk Watercolor collection are "Pro Colors" and are only available in salons.  They should b out now and you can get your next mani/pedi done with them!  There is a mini kit that might be available for retail.  They work much like the predecessors: OPI Sheer Tints or NfuOh Jelly Syrups...a sheer wash of color that is buildable.    There's a white polish put out with the collection to wear as a base for art, but you can really layer these over any color - think gold, silver, etc.  There were a few nail techs on site and they were playing around with the Silk Watercolors to show how they worked.  I was given a bottle of the yellow to try out and I will share that with you soon!  

CosmoProf 2015: Essie

CosmoProf 2015: Essie

We also stopped by Orly.  There was some really cool stuff here!   The first thing I saw was the display of the new Epix collection.  It's called "flexible color."  You get the benefit of a gel but in a regular polish.  There are 36 colors to chose from.  You basically paint 2 coats of color and then a layer of the seal coat.  They last for over a week.  The really cool thing about Epix is the smudge fixing technology.  This polish literally fixes itself if you smudge or nick it!  It was explained as "shock absorbing polymers" that are at work here.  You can removed Epix with regular polish remover.  This line is available at Sallys, Ulta and other beauty supply stores.  I want to see this in action so I will totally be purchasing a bottle to try out.  

CosmoProf 2015: Orly

CosmoProf 2015: Orly

Orly is also releasing In The Mix, it's Fall collection.  Hello beautiful creme colors!  And that glitter?!  Come to mama!  This collection is available online and should be hitting beauty supply shelves soon!

CosmoProf 2015: Orly

CosmoProf 2015: Orly

CosmoProf 2015: Orly

CosmoProf 2015: Orly

Orly came out with an awesome peel off base coat called One Night Stand.  I have yet to try a peel off base coat so I was very excited to receive a bottle to take home.  I have already used it and guess what...it's totally awesome!  I have pictures ready to share with you and will have that post up soon.  

CosmoProf 2015: Orly

And the last thing I have to share this morning is the BB Creme - for your nails!  It really is foundation/makeup for nails!  It's meant to help color current any problems you many be having and has a natural finish.  You can pick this up at Orly.com.  

CosmoProf 2015: Orly

Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment