Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Skittlette

Hey hey!  It's St. Patrick's Day!  I hope you wore green and didn't get any pinches, unless that's what you wanted (you naughty little...).  I made sure to wear my Shake Your Shamrocks Off tshirt, green underthings and of course painted my nails.  So this is just a short little post to share my mani!  Enjoy the rest of your day/night what ever it may hold - bar hopping, green beer, a relish Irish dinner, time with the family!  It's all good and fun! 
*nothing to disclose*
Crows Toes: BlogLlaroweOverall BeautyFacebookInstagram
Smitten Polish: ShopEdgy PolishFemme Fatale CosmeticsHypnotic PolishRainbow ConnectionFacebookInstagram    
OPI: WebsiteFacebookInstagramTwitter
I wanted a skittlette.  Why?  Because I feel like I haven't done one in a long time.  I guess I usually do one for the holidays since it's easy and fun.  But yeah, here it is - my green skittlettle!  I started with Smitten Polish The Irish Rover, a gorgeous matte green.  It's not a straight up green though, it has a slight teal tone to it.  The matte finish is fantastic!  I am 100% on board with Noeile's mattes and really want her to make more.  Anywho, The Irish Rover had a great formula and applied perfectly opaque and smoothly in 2 coats.  The Irish Rover is on my index and middle fingers.  
St. Patrick's Day Skittlette: Smitten Polish The Irish Rover, OPI Love Angel Music Baby, Crows Toes Maxxed Out

I then put on 2 coats of Crows Toes Maxxed Out, one of my favorite blingy gold glitters ever.  It's actually a gold and silver mixture but you mostly see the gold.  I've had this for a good 2 years and it's got a hefty dent in it.  Perfect application, the glitters spread nicely and don't clump up.  I could have used a 3rd coat just to cover any little bare spots that show up under the harsh lens of the camera (man it really captures every little thing that my blind eyes don't see).  I finished with a layer of topcoat.  Maxxed Out is on my ring and thumb nails.  
St. Patrick's Day Skittlette: Smitten Polish The Irish Rover, OPI Love Angel Music Baby, Crows Toes Maxxed Out
And finally I used OPI Love Angel Music Baby on my pinky and to draw ruffian style art on my index and middle fingers.  LAMB is a lovely soft matte gold and I reach for it frequently.  It's not over the top gold, and the finish makes it a lovely and understated compliment to plenty of other colors.  I used 2 coats of LAMB on my pinky and about 2 full strokes for the ruffian lines. No topcoat because I didn't want to take away from the matte finish.  
St. Patrick's Day Skittlette: Smitten Polish The Irish Rover, OPI Love Angel Music Baby, Crows Toes Maxxed Out
St. Patrick's Day Skittlette: Smitten Polish The Irish Rover, OPI Love Angel Music Baby, Crows Toes Maxxed Out
St. Patrick's Day Skittlette: Smitten Polish The Irish Rover, OPI Love Angel Music Baby, Crows Toes Maxxed Out
Look how pretty the mattes and the holo glitters look together in regular indoors lighting!  I truly love how this turned out!  
St. Patrick's Day Skittlette: Smitten Polish The Irish Rover, OPI Love Angel Music Baby, Crows Toes Maxxed Out
Of course Naomi wanted me to paint her nails too so I used a different shade of green, which was also a matte finish.  It was a drugstore polish - Ice Cream Cone Nail Color, it's actually shaped like an ice cream cone!  And it dried scented - smells like candy!  Both of our manis matched her shirt perfectly!  
St. Patrick's Day Skittlette: Smitten Polish The Irish Rover, OPI Love Angel Music Baby, Crows Toes Maxxed Out


Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment