Friday, March 6, 2015

Cupcake Polish Queen Collection

Good morning!  Nothing like seeing that an online shop is going to have a collection in stock to light a fire under my butt to get a post up!  Today I am sharing the Cupcake Polish Queen collection.  I seriously loved all of these and knew I'd have to get the full collection.  Well that's just what I did when Sara released them.  These are some seriously gorgeous holos.  I love them, all of them.  You can pick these up in the Cupcake Polish shop now for $13.00 each.  They will also be stocked at Harlow & Co today!  So let's jump in and meet some royalty.

*nothing to disclose*

Cupcake Polish: Shop, Harlow & Co, FacebookInstagram

Elizabeth, inspired by Queen Elizabeth I of England, is a "light gold...metallic linear holographic finish and is packed with gold shimmers."  Gorgeous.  I am a huge fan of gold polish so I knew I was going to love Elizabeth.  The formula and application were both fabulous.  I used 2 coats for full coverage and no topcoat.  

*artificial light*
Cupcake Polish Elizabeth

Cupcake Polish Elizabeth

Cupcake Polish Elizabeth

Cupcake Polish Elizabeth

Catherine, inspired by Catherine II of Russia, is a "pink leaning red...metallic linear holographic finish and is packed with pink shimmers."  I thought I had all the pink holo polish I needed.  Boy was I wrong.  Catherine is amazing.  She's almost a bright magenta.  The formula was so creamy and opaque.  Application was dreamy.  I used 2 coats of Catherine and no topcoat.  Catherine could easily be a 1 coater for a more heavy handed painter than myself.  

*artificial light*
Cupcake Polish Catherine

Cupcake Polish Catherine

Cupcake Polish Catherine

Cupcake Polish Catherine

Maria, inspired by Maria Theresa of Austria, is a "blue...metallic linear holographic finish and is packed with green shimmers."  Surprisingly Maria is the one polish from the collection that really made me stop what I was doing and stare at it!  Those first teaser swatches that came out were seriously drool worthy!  And Maria did not disappoint once I had it on my nails.  I love the green shimmer - really makes the blue base pop and makes the entire polish something unique and lust worthy.  Again, a lovely formula and application here.  I used 2 coats of Maria and no topcoat.  

*artificial light*
Cupcake Polish Maria

Cupcake Polish Maria

Cupcake Polish Maria

Cupcake Polish Maria

Victoria, inspired by Victoria of the United Kingdom, is a "purple with a slight shift to red...metallic linear holographic finish and is packed with pink shimmers."  You know something, I am not a huge purple fan like 99.9% of the rest of the polish loving world.  But Victoria is crazy stunning and I loved it on me!  I think it must have been that nice touch of red in there that helped make it work with my skin tone and appeal to my eyes.  I seriously love the holo flame on Victoria - so much pretty going on.  As per the other polishes in the collection, fabulous formula and application.  2 perfect coats of Victoria and no topcoat.  

*artificial light*
Cupcake Polish Victoria

Cupcake Polish Victoria

Cupcake Polish Victoria

Cupcake Polish Victoria

I'm sad, here's the last Queen.  I hope Sara makes a part 2 of this collection because it's just so fantastic!  Eleanor, inspired by Eleanor or Aquitaine, is a "black...linear holographic finish and is packed with shimmers that shift from pink to blue."  My pictures must be off because Eleanor has a mostly green tint on me.  I did see the pink/fuchsia shimmer in indirect lighting, but wasn't successful in getting a picture to share.  Regardless, Eleanor was very pretty.  I do like these dark shades and think they are wearable all the time and for all skin tones.  The formula and application of Eleanor were both great.  I used 2 coats of Eleanor and no topcoat.  

*artificial light*
Cupcake Polish Eleanor

Cupcake Polish Eleanor

Cupcake Polish Eleanor

Cupcake Polish Eleanor

Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment