Friday, October 24, 2014

Smitten Polish Halloween Duo: Fire Burn & Cauldron Bubble

Good evening ghosts and ghouls!  Tossing up a super quickie post to show you the stunning new Smitten Polish Halloween Duo.  There is going to be a restock on Saturday, 10/25 at 2pm central and these will both be available so I wanted to share just how amazing they are.  If you love black, orange, micro glitter, Halloween themed things then these are for you!  They are actually sold separately, not in a set and are $9USD each.  So let's hop on in and check out Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble.  

*nothing to disclose*  

Smitten Polish: ShopEdgy PolishFemme Fatale CosmeticsHypnotic PolishRainbow ConnectionFacebookInstagram    

I love orange polish.  Fire Burn is totally amazing and I want to paint everything in my house with it.  Fire Burn is a "bright orange jelly filled with two colors of tiny holographic glitter."  It flickers and flashes just like a flame.  I used 2 easy coats of Fire Burn for full coverage.  Formula and application were both spooktacular.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat and was good to go with smooth, shiny nails.  

*artificial light*
Smitten Polish Fire Burn

Smitten Polish Fire Burn

Smitten Polish Fire Burn

Smitten Polish Fire Burn


And then there was Cauldron Bubble.  If my heart skipped a beat for Fire Burn then it just did a flip for Cauldron Bubble.  Cauldron Bubble is a "black jelly with just the barest hint of a purpley blue cast - a cooler toned black, filled with super fine holographic micro glitter."  It's completely amazing.  I love the slightly purple-black base, it's the perfect little touch of Halloween-ness.  And those teeny tiny micro glitters?  They get me every time.  Formula and application of Cauldron Bubble were both fangastic.  I used 2 coats to reach full coverage and finished up with 1 layer of topcoat for a glossy, slick finish.  

*artificial light*
Smitten Polish Cauldron Bubble

Smitten Polish Cauldron Bubble

Smitten Polish Cauldron Bubble

Smitten Polish Cauldron Bubble

I threw together a little gradient to show how you can wear these together for a perfect, and easy Halloween mani!  I started with 2 coats of Fire Burn as the base for all nails.  I then applied a couple strokes of Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble on top of a damp makeup sponge and lightly bounced the sponge on the base.  Ta-Da!  I love how the sponge didn't pick up all the pigment in Fire Burn and shows off the glitters in a more golden tone.  It looks like fire and smoldering embers on my nails!  I finished it up with 1 layer of topcoat.   

Smitten Polish Fire Burn & Cauldron Bubble

Smitten Polish Fire Burn & Cauldron Bubble

Smitten Polish Fire Burn & Cauldron Bubble

Smitten Polish Fire Burn & Cauldron Bubble

Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment