Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Frrrrrrrozen Nails with Elevation Polish Ubsunur, Dykh-Tau, Dzhangi-Tau and OPI Solitaire

Good morning dears!  Hope you are staying warm in this chilly weather we are all having.  I live in Northern California and it's been cold enough that ice is forming on little water puddles, and staying as an ice block all day!  That's pretty cold for here.  If it stays this cold and it rains we might even get snow!  Well all this cold weather and a certain new animated movie have me all frozen!  So I did a mani to reflect my body temperature!  It's done mostly with Elevation Polish and a little OPI Liquid Sand as an accent.  Psssst - there is currently a sale going on at Elevation so you definitely want to head over there and check it out.  Here are the links!

Elevation Polish: Blog, Shop, Instagram

So I started this icy mani with half of the Elevation Polish Geo Duo, Dykh-Tau.  What a gorgeous minty blue this is.  Dykh-Tau has a very soft scatted holo that makes it that much more lovely.  It really goes perfectly in this wintery weather.  I used 2 coats and the formula was really wonderful.  Dykh-Tau is on my thumb, index and middle fingers.  I then used Elevation Ubsunur on my ring and pinky nails.  Ubsunur is a stunning blue that falls somewhere between light navy and deep royal.  It has a very pretty shimmer too.  The 1st coat goes on a little sheer but the 2nd coat builds up to perfection.  I used that as a cold night sky base and topped those nails with the other half of the Geo Duo, Dzhangi-Tau.  Such a pretty blend of white and minty glitter with glowy blue shimmer!  The glitter look like falling snow.  I used 2 coats and the glitter spread evenly and laid flat on my nails.  Finally I used a brush to randomly place Ubsunur and OPI Solitaire (white Liquid Sand from the Bond Girls collection) over Dykh-Tau on my middle nail.  I simply love how this mani turned out!  I finished it off with 1 layer of topcoat for smooth and glossy nails.       

*indoors pictures*







*sunshine pictures*



Pin It
Instagram

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this mani!! I think your middle finger is my favorite, love the effect you got there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! I definitely love using the fan brush to create this effect.

      Delete
  2. you know i love this already but i had to say it again...LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete