Tuesday, September 24, 2013

OPI Wonderous Star & Emotions from the Mariah Carey Holiday/Winter 2013 Collection

Good afternoon dears!  I hope the day is going well for you.  Yesterday I had the new liquid sand Make Him Mine to share and today I have more from the Mariah Carey Holiday/Winter 2013 collection!  So exciting!  This time I mixed a sand and a glitter and I love how it turned out.  I'm actually stunned with how much I liked one in particular...keep reading to find out which of these 2 polishes knocked my socks off!

Let's start with Wonderous Star!  OPI described it as "gold-flecked shimmer" but I'd say it is more of a heavy gold microglitter with black hexs sparsely mixed in.  It has a very pretty and classy look to it.  This polish makes you feel dressed up without being over the top.  The gold glitters also make it feel very "holiday-esque" and I personally think this would be an awesome polish for New Years Eve because is so sparkly and shiny!  I used Wonderous Star alone and the pictures below show 4 coats.  I didn't mind so many coats because the polish isn't heavy or thick and it applied very easily.  But if you have an aversion to more than a couple coats you should start with a base color.  I used 1 layer of topcoat on the nails with Wonderous Star.  

I then used the new black liquid sand from the collection called Emotions.  I wasn't so sure about this polish.  It looked pretty boring in the bottle and I didn't think it really fit in with a holiday collection.  Well I was wrong on 1 of those counts.  Dead wrong.  Emotions is stunning!  It's fabulously perfect, vampy and sexy.  It's a pure black matte texture polish with sparkly black glitters mixed it.  OPI says it's a "dramatic sparkling coal."  Perfect description.  The only problem I see is that I still don't know how it fits in with the holiday theme.  I purchased it because I think it will ROCK with Halloween polish next month.  The formula was wonderful, true to the liquid sand form that I love so much.  Easy application with no problems to report.  Be sure to let it dry completely though!  Dry time is a tad longer than regular polish.  I used 2 coats for full coverage and no topcoat.  


*shade





Pin It
Instagram

2 comments:

  1. You nailed it! It's holiday themed because it's like the coal you could get in your stocking if you're naughty!

    ReplyDelete