Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dior Bahia & Samba Duo Skittlette

Good morning readers!  I recently tried a waterfall mani and it was so easy and pretty that I had to do it again!  But this time I did it in a skittlette that was inspired by the awesome Jacki over at Adventures in Acetone.  She has been doing some truly gorgeous skittlettes and I drew my inspiration from one that she recently did - you can see it HERE!

So here's my take on it!  I started with the Dior Samba and Bahia duos which were the polish addition to the Birds of Paradise summer makeup collection.  They came in 2 sets with 2 mini bottles each.  The Samba Duo consisted of a foily/metallicy peacock teal (794) and a dusty mint green creme (402).  I used 2 coats for each polish and they both went on like butter - as I have come to expect from Dior polishes.  I also used the medium blue-teal creme from the Bahia Duo (792).  It went on smooth and easy and covered my nail in 2 coats.  I then created a waterfall mani on my accent nail using a nail art striping brush.  I also used flocking powder on my pinky to create a fuzzy nail effect.  I dipped my wet nail into the pot of flocking powder and pressed it down firmly.  I shook and blew off the excess and my nail cam out looking like a blue stuffed animal!  I used 1 layer of topcoat on the polished nails (not the fuzzy nail).  








Pin It
Instagram

1 comment: