Saturday, March 16, 2013

Glitter Guilty March Pleasures Box

I have something different for you in this post!  A review of a monthly subscription box.  I have only tried 1 monthly subscription with nail polish and it was lackluster.  I think Glitter Guilty put together a very fun subscription where you will receive products you enjoy and want to use....and who can say no to chocolate?  You will want to start at Glitterguilty.com and subscribe to the Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box.  You will be prompted to create a profile where you can specifically list your polish likes and dislikes as well as your favorite type of chocolate.  A monthly subscription is $15.99 - not bad for a full size, mini and a chocolate (summer months will be a different delectable treat so there will be no fear of melting candy in your box).  I sent Jessica my profile and promptly received my Pleasures Box!  I was so excited to open it and find a full sized bottle of Double Agent and a mini of Rocky Road to Dublin.  And I received a Kara Mint Truffle - it did not last long after I opened the box and oh it was yummy!

You can purchase the subscription box (or individual polishes) on glitterguilty.com.  All Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box purchases made directly to the website have a portion of the proceeds donated to Grameen Foundation.  You can also shop on etsy.  Be sure to follow Glitter Guilty on their blog and facebook for product updates.  I'll be hosting a giveaway next month with some Glitter Guilty products so keep an eye out for that too!  

Here is the box just after I opened it

The polishes with their cute tags

Kara Mint Truffle - it was delicious, the perfect combination of mint and milk chocolate


On to the polish!  First I tried out Rocky Road to Dublin.  RRTD is a jam packed full of green, brown and gold glitter.  Mostly hexs, but there is also microglitter and bars.  I tried RRTD over a variety of greens.  From left to right: 2 coats alone, 1 coat over Spoiled I'm So Jaded, 1 coat over Essie Pretty Edgy, 1 coat over Zoya Suvi.  The glitter looks lovely over all the different greens!  Lots o' glitter came out with each brush dip and they all lay flat on the nail.  I used 1 layer of topcoat.  For the full main pictures I used 2 coats of Spoiled I'm So Jaded and 2 coats of Rocky Road to Dublin with 1 layer of topcoat.  How cute is this polish for St. Patrick's Day?!






shade


shade


Next is the full sized polish I received...Double Agent.  Double Agent is a gorgeous color shifting polish.  Jessica describes it as a "bronzy/taupe micro flakes with deep violet flakes. Shifting from a violet/gray to a bronzy pink."  It's really stunning and indeed unique.  And the nice thing about this polish is that you can layer it over different colors for different effects.  I started my mani with 1 coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black.  On my accent finger I used 1 coat of Gosh Purple Heart.  I then used 1 layer of Double Agent.  Double agent shows more of the pink and purple colors over Black on Black but you see more purple and grey over Purple Heart.  In the shade pictures you can really see the individual flakes and the gold sparkle.  Double Agent had a wonderful formula, nice consistency and spread well on the nail.  I finished this off with 1 layer of topcoat.





shade


shade


with flash

with flash
*these polishes were provided for my honest opinion and review
Pin It
Instagram

1 comment: