Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Queen Burgundy + Deadly Zins

Daily Halloween mani time!  It's late I know, but only 11:00 pm for me so I made it!  Only 6 more days of Halloween posts.  Thankfully I still have a few to use, actually just enough for the remaining days of October.  But tonight I have a combination to show you that I literally could not stop fawning over.  I am especially in love with the Layla and think it's the first polish I want a back up of. 

I started with Layla Softouch Effect in 07, Queen Burgundy.  I knew immediately when I saw the display that me & Queenie were going to be BFF's.  QB is a stunning brick red with a textured look from the shimmer being muted by the matte.  The matte itself is a softer look, almost like it has a powdery finish.   I used 2 coats for full opacity and had no application issues.  No dragging, no streaking, no bald spots.  QB dried fairly quickly as well - like most mattes do  

I then used Sonoma Nail Art Deadly Zins for accents.  DZ is a clear base polish chalk full of bright red hexs, red micro glitter and a smidgen of tiny black hexs.  I sponged DZ on my nails near the cuticles and used 1 coat of regular application on my ring finger nail.  I had plenty of glitter come out and it spread evenly on my nails.  I did not use Gelous or topcoat because I wanted to keep the matte look.

What do you think of the Layla and the Sonoma?  Layla's are available in some beauty supply stores or you can get them online at etailers such as Ninja Polish.  Sonoma Nail Art can be purchased on etsy and you can stay up to date by following the blog and facebook page.










Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment