Friday, October 12, 2012

Tess D'Urbervilles

New day, new post, new attitude, new me.  Lots of things are happening right now and I've been feeling swamped and stressed.  So I dislikes my last mani (as you can tell by the non-review I gave), my hair was driving me crazy, I was in a funky mood and I'm side-tracked with birthday party preparations and planning (again).  So I changed my polish, chopped my hair off and have the house 90% cleaned and ready for the party.  Huge sigh of relief.  Now I can focus on food preparation.

On to the polish!!  I was feeling quite drab and gloomy yesterday so off with the purple glitters and on with a Gothic Beauty.  a-England really made some amazing, dark, vampy, gorgeous polishes for the most recent collection.  I wore Jane Eyre recenlty and you can see the post here.  Today I have Tess D'Urbervilles to show you.  Jaw dropping-eye popping-gothic gorgeous.  I know these blackened colors aren't for everyone but they are for me!  Weeeeee!  TD'U is a blackened base with forrest green, red-copper and golden glimmer (glitter-shimmer).  It reminds me ever so slightly of Dragon, but much darker.  I spent some quality time admiring my nails under my bedside lamp while cozying in for the night.  I used 2 coats of TD'U for full coverage.  Zero issues with application, no stainage during clean up either.  I topped off with 1 later of topcoat for one very stunning mani if I do say so myself.  

*Sorry for the blurry close-up shot.  And it was overcast when I took pictures, but you can see that the green still shows through in the gloom and doom weather.  

You can get a-England Tess D'Urbervilles at the following etailer sites: a-England, Overall Beauty, Llarowe, Mei Mei's Signatures, and Color4Nails.






Pin It

4 comments: