Friday, July 27, 2012

Jungle Queen

China Glaze Jungle Queen…the name of this polish makes me want to ride the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland.  Just a little useless personal factoid I wanted to share.  Now my real thoughts on Jungle Queen.  I love it!  It's so pretty.  I am really enjoying the darker colors on my nails right now.  I must be ready for Fall.  Jungle Queen is part of the Exotic Encounters collection that was recently released.  The theme of the collection is really fun - being on safari, jungle animals, safari suits, etc.  But when I first saw the colection I was underwhelmed.  The longer it's around and the more swatches I see the more it appeals to me.  

I picked up 2 the other day - Jungle Queen and Elephant Walk.  I will do a review of Elephant Walk later - today I am focusing on Jungle Queen.  JQ is a dusty purple with a red shimmer.  It's almost like an elegant purple behind a smoky curtain, if that makes any sense.  It's a stunner.  I would have totally skipped it if I hadn't seen a post showing the shimmer and complexity of the polish.  I've also heard it's very close to Chanel Paradoxal - but I don't have that so I can't give you a yay or nay in regards to that statement.  I used 2 coats of JQ and it went on perfectly.  Smooth, opaque, no lumps or bumps, no ridges.  It was already fairly glossy but I added a top coat to help it last longer.  

Do you have anything from the Exotic Ecounters collection?  What did you think of Jungle Queen?










Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment