Wednesday, July 25, 2012

China Glaze New Bohemians

China Glaze New Bohemians is the new duochrome collection for Fall 2012.  They are being called "Radiant Luster Chromes" and they are really lovely.  I have seen the collection at 2 of my beauty supply stores and decided to pick some up.  Out of the collection of 6 I purchased Swanky Silk, Rare and Radiant, No Plain Jane and Unpredictable.  

I don't have many (if any dupchromes) so I can't compare them to any other brands.  But I will say that Rare and Radiant looks alot like OPI Just Spotted The Lizard (which is a known dupe for Chanel Peridot).  

For each set of photos I used 2 coats, no top coat.  They all had a similar formula, which was easy to apply, not too thick or watery.  No Plain Jane was the thinnest, but I had no issues with it.  I did notice each showed brush strokes and I don't think it matters how carefully you paint your nails….the chrome formula will always show stroke lines.   I noticed that the duochromey-ness of each color showed up better in the shade or indoor lighting than outside in teh bright sunlight.

I am very excited to show you these because I haven't seen ANY swatches online yet and it is my first post featuring several polishes from a collection!  Yay me!  And now on with the show!!


Rare and Radiant, No Plain Jane, Swanky Silk, Unpredictable

Rare and Radiant is the only one in the set that reminds me of other colors I have seen pictures of online…mainly OPI Just Spotted the Lizard.  But I don't own it so don't quote me on it.  It's a green/gold duochrome.







No Plain Jane is my favorite.  I love how it changes from a dusty greyed out purple to a vibrant purple.  NPJ has a red shimmer to it as well.  It was hard to capture the bright purple on camera for some reason, trust me - it's lovely.








Swanky Silk is my second favorite of the 4 I purchased.  It's a rose gold - almost coppery.  It actually flashes a pretty bright gold color out in the sun.






Last but not least, Unpredictable.  It's a beautiful green, leaning lime at times, a golden green at others.  It even appears to be a teal-green when outside.  







So which did you like?  Which will you buy?  Hope you liked this post!

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful swatches and nails and amazing polishes great job and I'm a purple freak so without a doubt No Plain Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Lovely! I want them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unpredictable! But golly all of them are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great swatches! I'm not a huge duo-chrome lover so this might be a collection I can skip. (Famous last words)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, I'm really loving Unpredictable! This is the first swatches I've seen too! Congrats! :) What stores did you find them in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love duo-chromes and I have been waiting for this collection since the sneak peek this spring. I'm pleased to see these look as pretty on as I had hoped. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love duochromes and I agree, these don't look very duo to me either. Try some Nubars duos, Indigo Illustion, purple beach, and wildlife are all different and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete