Thursday, May 3, 2012

Flash Black + Mercury's Rainbow

Layla and Lynnderella.  I think that's about all I need to say about that.  


Ok, I will say more.  I got a few Layla's for my birthday and have been trying to figure out which to wear first.  Flash Black because the obvious choice when my Lynnderella order arrived at the same time.  I felt that Flash Black with Mercury's Rainbow would be a pretty awesome combination and I am uber happy with the way it turned out.  


I initially started with 1 coat of Flash Black on my index finger.  But it was so thin and sheer I didn't think it would build up without using an exorbitant amount of coats.  So I decided to conserve a little and layer it over black.  I restarted with 2 coats of Orly Liquid Vinyl, a shiny black creme, it goes on perfectly.  I layered 2 coats of Flash Black, a gorgeous black linear holo.  It's a very strong effect, I even took some pictures inside so you can see that the rainbow show indoors as well.  But FB was a little tricky.  If you go too fast you will get drag spots up by your cuticles.  If you try to move the polish around too much you get streaky bare patches.  So I figured out that if I use a big drop, I get one stroke down the middle and a side.  Then I needed to use one more dip for the other side of the nail.  This gave me good coverage with little to no mistakes.  I used 2 coats of Lynnderella Mercury's Rainbow on my ring fingers.  MR is another gorgeous polish - a grey base with micro glitter, micro shimmer and holo hexs that throw off tons of rainbow colors.  Just for kicks and giggles I used top coat on only my index finger to see if there was difference.  I think there was a slight difference in that finger nail from the rest.  It seems to diffuse the linear quality of the holo over so slightly - almost like blurry pixelation.


Anyways - I hope you enjoy this combination because there are ton of pictures.












Indoors

Indoors

Indoors




1 comment: