Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Across The Universe + Hera

I love turquoise and teal (and sea foam green).  Like you couldn't tell.  So this combination of fabulous has me swooning.  I have spent the majority of the day staring at or showing off my nails.  I'm pretty dang pleased with myself right now because of how great this combo turned out.  


I started with 2 coats of OPI Ski Teal We Drop as the underwear.  STWD is a very pretty teal creme and it applied smoothly and fully opaque in 2 coats.  I decided to have a little fun with the stars of the show and alternated polish on each nail of each hand.  For both Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe and Hits Hera I used 2 coats.  


Across the Universe is a drop-dead gorgeous glitter bomb.  It's a dark blue base full of blue shimmer and hexs in green and light blue.  It applied perfectly, no sparse glitter, no digging for hexs, and it went on smoothly with no dragging.  I used 1 layer of top coat to seal it all in and make it uber shiny.


Hits Hera is a holo from the No Olimpo collection that everyone was gaga for a few months back.  I'm still gaga for the collection and this is a primo example of why it was so sought after.  Hera is a stunning teal linear holo.  You don't need much sunlight for her to show off her beauty.  Hera applied smoothly with no dragging, no patches, no fuss.  Topcoat didn't effect the holo effect.


You can get Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe at Nordstrom or HSN.  You can purchase Hits No Olipmo (and other lines from Hits) at Llarowe.  Happy shopping!







1 comment: